Thursday, January 11, 2007

Mono and bicycles

Well, the last few months were unproductive and slow, because I had mono. I've been home on break for a month and am returning to school tomorrow morning.
I realized that for this summer's genealogical trip I won't be able to get a car. So I decided...to do it on a bike!! Time to get myself into shape, and get a new means of transportation at the same time. My father and grandfather used to be avid bikers, so I have a general sense of what's going on. I also joined a mailing list for "bike tourists" as they call those that go on extended tours by bike. My next step is to buy a bike, I've been riding my fathers while in Maryland, but it's time to hit the road and get back to cleveland tomorrow morning.

As for productivity, over break I got caught up on my Frederick County pages. I both got the VAGenweb site up to date with submissions, and created the TOC index for Frederick County. I also got through the TOC for Northumberland, and halfway through Rockbridge County.
I made the new Lancaster VAGenweb page but I've yet to upload it.

I scanned a large portion (600) of my grandmother's photos as a private project for her. Those extremely old photos that were in the lot may get posted on one of the Butler County websites, probably the MyFamily.com site as well as the KYGenweb, after I talk to her and see which I can put up.

I visited a cemetery in Fauquier County VA where there are many Embrys to this day. That's a project for the second set of Embry books. My first set will be descendants of Grancer. Email me at EmbryProject@gmail.com for pricing and ordering information-- they will be out by October 2007.

I went to the Maryland State archives yesterday, copied the marriage license listing of Lloyd Gary and Anne Jarvis, 1792. Also got the will of Gideon Gary (1783) and the will of his daughter Mary (1806). Email me if you are interested, I haven't put them online yet.

And now I should go sleep, because I have to get up at 6am for my flight and it's 10:30pm here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home