Saturday, July 01, 2006

Now that my introduction is out of the way, I can talk about where I am now.

I just got the Butler County site ( http://rootsweb.com/~kybutler ) uploaded to the site after recently adopting it from Jimmy Orange. I have a lot of things to do now, but I feel like polishing the Butler County site soon. All I've done is get it really up and running / functioning, but it could use some sought out input rather than just waiting and seeing what shows up. I'll see how that goes, but for now I think I have some higher priorities.

A cousin of mine (my grandfather's first cousin, in his eighties) passed away in April, and we just cleaned out the estate a couple of weeks ago. I have maybe 1-2 hundred photos that I have to scan and organize now, and see who I can mail copies of what to so that I can get all of them identified. They are from the Bath County area, or possibly Ashland, KY depending on the shot.

Also, I still have all my photos from last summer to finish sorting before this year's travel. I plan on going down through VA, NC, coming west through TN and KY, getting to St Louis, and then coming back through KY, then up through WV, MD to home (in DC). I don't want to wind up duplicating photos (I photodocumented every stone in several cemeteries and several hundred marriage certificates). I need to get everything organized so I don't waste time on my trip, although if I can't make enough money, it's getting curtailed quite a bit. I don't know how much, but it is going to get cut some. I think I will make it for about a week on what I have now, so I just have to earn more money on top of that to keep going longer. I have to be back at college in Ohio in late August so I don't have tons of time left.

I also have a huge backlog from one of my wonderful contributors from Frederick County, VA, and some assorted things to fix on various sites. I'll see how far I get.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home